Excursions 1 - 14
See the photos on this page at the top and lower areas for ideas about our 14 excursions on Ios island. Contact us about your choices and let us know the dates you're interested in. We'll respond as soon as possible with any help you may need, including our suggestions about accommodation on Ios.
Please note, Special Excursions require a serious level of fitness
1) Mount Pyrgos ( 713 m ) - Ios' highest mountain and a steep climb
2) Hilltop Church - a beautiful church rarely visited with views towards Paros, Naxos and the Small Cyclades
3) Profitis Elias - Hilltop with views over Milopotas and Ios Port bay
4) Ios Mine - following goat paths this excursion arrives at the ancient quartz mine
5) Koumbara Hilltop - a steep climb with views of the village, port bay and surrounding islands
6) Tripiti Bay - Starting from Manganari, a vertical climb to begin and end. A beautiful beach to discover.
7) Varvaronisi Island - a trek, swim and climb experience not possible if the wind is strong. Truly excting.
8) Diakofto Rock - Swimming Excursion, not possible if the wind is strong. One of the most significant landmarks of Ios.
9) Plakes from High - One of the remotest parts of the island, the view from high is impressive.
10) Psathi Interior - An adventure into the complex landscape of Psathi Bay.
11) Manganari Hilltop - with views over Manganari to Santorini, Anafi and Amorous weather permitting. A steep but worthwhile climb high above Manganari Bay.
11) Long Exposure photography - For photography enthusiasts with their own equipment.
Details and Prices
1) All excursions are for private parties only with no maximum participant number.
2) If the number of participants exceeds 4, transportation will need to be organised by the additional participants at their own cost.
3) A waiver of responsibility must be signed by each participant before an excursion.
4) Excursions last approximately 3 hours, Special Excursions may last longer.
5) Food and drink are not provided.
6) Participants are recommended to use comfortable protective clothing and footwear. Suncream protection is highly important.
Prices are as follows
15th June to 31st July / 1st September to 15th September
Excursions 1 - 14: €85 / person
Special Excursions: €120 / person
1st August to 31st August
Excursions 1 - 14: €120 / person
Special Excursions: €155 / person